Last Updated on July 7, 2021 by cmoarz
Note to reader: These solar compatible healers do not come with solar panels, solar panels need to be purchased separately.
Our editors individually analyze, test, and advocate for the most effective products. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links. Any prices shown from Amazon API are subject to change often.
Greenhouse heaters are essential to keep your plants from freezing. Not only just plants, but these heaters can be a great way to keep your garage or workshop warm during winter.
Here we have picked the best three greenhouse heaters to help you in your quest to find the perfect heater this winter. There are other good products out there, but these three stand out the most.
How We Selected
We have 3 categories that we strive to fill with the best choices for those categories as possible. These are Best Value, Best Choice, and our Premium Pick.
Best Value: When choosing a product for our best value category, we look to take a few things into account. It’s price first and foremost, as this determines the rest of the quality markers. For example, build quality vs price. It is inexpensive and brittle built with cheap materials? Then it’s not going to fit in the best value selection. We look for good durability to price ratio.
We also look at other various features such as ease of use, access, other people’s opinions, and experiences, etc.
Best Choice: The best choice is the product we recommend the most to the average buyer. It will have good durability of what you would expect for a more expensive (but not always more expensive) product. A strong reputation behind it in the community and overall not too expensive.
Overall with our best choice, You are getting more for what you paid in terms of quality and effectiveness, and is over all our favorite. If we were to choose to continue using any of these products, The BEST CHOICE would be the product we would continue to use.
Premium Pick: The premium pick is something we sometimes add when we find an extraordinary product. It’s of the utmost quality, design, and premium materials. It’s sturdy, looks amazing, and most importantly, Functions to the best of its ability and for what it’s designed to do.
We recommend this to people who don’t mind paying a premium on an excellent quality product.
Best solar compatible greenhouse heater
Dr. Heater DR218-1500W Greenhouse Garage Workshop Infrared Heater
- 1500W comes with only one setting
- Keeping your tender plants warm and thrive in the best climate
- IPX4 structure and is protected against water splashing. Heating coverage: 150 Sq. ft
- Light weight and portable
- Low maintenance needed
If you want to know how to keep your tender plants happy during all climates, the answer is Dr. Heater DR218-1500W heater. It is the right pick for you as it uses fan-forced air technology to keep the plants in your greenhouse warm. It comes at an affordable price and is worth the buy.
Whether you are a plant hobbyist or a homemaker, this heater is undoubtedly an attractive deal. It works great for winter garden greenhouses as well as workshops. It is stylish and modern in design. Easy to grip handle and portability makes it ideal.
It undoubtedly will keep your winter nights rolling and keep your plants warm with perfect radiance all around. This infrared heater directly provides warmth to people and heats the surrounding air to the set temperature.
- It is portable. You need not worry about space consumption. You can keep the heater in one safe spot in an enclosed area, and you are good to go.
- It is lightweight and requires low maintenance.
- The heater has a decent heating coverage and would successfully regulate a space of up to 150sq ft. You can feel the warmth even if you are not very near to it.
- It is rated at an IP*4 sturdy structure.
- You don’t have to worry about water splashing as it is immune to it.
- It is made with robust and durable material. If used carefully, you can enjoy its utility for years end.
- It comes with corded electric wire.
- Most importantly, it does not consume a lot of electricity. It gives out much more than its intake. It is user friendly, and you can easily set its temperature according to your desire.
- It is lightweight
- It is durable
- It requires minimum maintenance.
- It blows warm air and takes time to regulate it in the entire area. It is not enough to cover a large extent.
Electric Patio Heater – Greenhouse Fan, Heater Portable Space Heater, Adjustable Thermostat
Electric Patio Heater is affordable, stylish, tiny compared to other heaters, and very easy to carry around. It comes in a cute size with a comfortable handle as a regular bag. Its small size is an advantage as it can easily fit your car if you need to take it outside at work or a meeting or just to put it in the greenhouse.
It can not only provide you warmth but add an aesthetic ambiance wherever you place it. It operates in anti-noise mode. Sometimes if you forget to turn off your heater, there is nothing to worry about. The heater comes with automated functions allowing you to set it so that it will turn off by itself.
- It is highly portable and easy to carry around.
- The electric Patio heater comes with an 8 ft long cord. The length is enough to connect it to any power source easily.
- It offers fast heating and can regulate the temperature in under a minute.
- The electric Patio heater offers various settings. You can easily control the level of heat you want in your room. It comes with three stages: the ‘fan only’ option, low and high heat.
- It comes with overheat protection features to ensure that the heater does not go beyond its limit. The automated function allows it to turn off when the device’s temperature gets to a dangerous level.
- It is well built and offers high durability.
- It is safe and easy to use.
- It offers a very satisfactory heat output.
- It may not be enough for bigger spaces and can only be used to supplement the primary heating system.
Bio Green PAL 2.0/US Palma BioGreen Basic Electric Fan Heater for Greenhouses
- Heats up A greenhouse with an area of 120 sqft easily (Depending on the insulation of your Greenhouse)
- Floor-standing greenhouse heater, high airciculation fan agains mold formation on plants
- Heater casing made from Stainless Steel / and paimted steel grills
- IPX4 splash-proofing ideal for use in humid areas such as hobby greenhouses
- 1500 w/ 5118 BTU heating output, 2 years
Here is a portable and easy to use electric fan heater from Bio Green. With heating up to 1.5W, it can circulate the temperature of about 163 cubic meters in an hour.
The Palma Bio Green is an energy-efficient heating device and would be the perfect choice for your greenhouse or small working space.
- The heater is built to last, thanks to its sturdy construction. The stainless steel casing and stable build quality make it highly durable. It is rated at IPV4 and offers splash-proof features.
- It can quickly heat an area of 120 sq ft and regulate the room temperature efficiently.
- It is energy-efficient and consumes comparably lesser power than other heaters.
- The heater is easy to carry around.
- The heater is versatile as you can take it anywhere with you and use it to heat any area. You can use it in storage rooms, garages, and workshops.
- If you have any doubts about its durability and construct, you have nothing to worry about as it comes with a two-year warranty.
- The heater is durable and weather resistant.
- It is portable and comes with a neat design.
- It is energy efficient and would save you a lot in electric bills compared to other heaters.
- It doesn’t come with a thermostat. Many users have complained about it, but it is available only in the Palma digital version, as the production description says.
- The heater will not be able to fair well in a larger space.
As you can see, the heaters mentioned here are portable and versatile. You can not only use them in your greenhouse but use it to regulate the temperature of your garage or workshop. Keep in mind that the warm blow air and not hot air. They would take time to warm an entire room. Based on their output, it would regulate the temperature of a small to mid-size room.
Last update on 2021-10-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API